Intellectual Property Law and Technology Law
Our intellectual property lawyers in Victoria pride ourselves on establishing strong relationships with our clients and on developing a thorough understanding of our client’s business. We work closely with you to maximize optimal results and satisfaction. We are there for you every step of the way from acquiring and developing new technology to the marketing and sale of it. You have the advantage of dealing with a local firm where you receive timely communication and where you benefit from short turnaround times on all matters.
We offer a vast array of intellectual property law and technology services such as:
- Advising you on strategies and techniques for protecting, managing and selling your intellectual property, whether it is a computer system, a technology-based product or a technology business;
- Revising your employment and contract agreements to ensure the intellectual property your staff creates belongs to you;
- Conducting due diligence with respect to risk assessments of your intellectual property;
- Providing legal opinions on infringement of third party intellectual property;
- Negotiating, drafting and rendering legal opinions on license agreement of all forms of intellectual property;
- Preparing technology-related agreements including acquisition, software development and technology transfer agreements as well as E-commerce, Web site development and hosting agreements;
- Preparing intellectual property-related commercial contracts including supply & distribution of technology agreements and maintenance & support of software/hardware agreements;
- Adapting agreements to reflect your needs such as joint ventures, other “partnering” arrangements and contracts structuring research collaborations, strategic alliances or partnerships to promote new technologies;
- Dealing with abuse of confidential information and trade secrets as well as domain name registration and Internet dispute matters; and
- Enforcing your intellectual property rights whether it is a license agreement, a franchise relationship or another arrangement involving the commercialization of your intellectual property and technology assets.
Our Victoria intellectual property lawyers advise on copyright protection which includes the clearance, acquisition and registration of copyright. We provide advice on a wide range of subject matters such as software, literature, photography, video, film, telecommunication and the Internet. We assist you in solving disputes regarding ownership of material that is created by various parties.
We also advise on trademark protection which includes preparation, filing, renewal, and prosecution of trademark applications in Canada and internationally. We provide assistance in selecting trademarks and protect your trademark against third party infringement, cyber-squatting, false advertising or personality rights actions. We can also help you in retaining an agent in Ottawa and we can liaise with this agent on your behalf to facilitate a comprehensive team of professionals orchestrated out of one office, answering to your instructions.
If your intellectual property is valuable to you, there are steps you can take to protect it. Consult with Hutchison Oss-Cech Marlatt intellectual property law Victoria. We will ensure that your needs are satisfied.