Dana G. Quantz
Dana practices civil litigation and he aims to build the best legal claim or defence available to his clients. Whether the claim involves insurance, employment, construction, or human rights Dana will take the time to understand your case, build the evidence in support, and find a resolution that works for you (whether by agreement or through arguing your case at a hearing). He prides himself on delivering first class advocacy and representation to all his clients.
Dana joined Hutchison Oss-Cech Marlatt in 2011 and has a broad civil litigation practice with an interest in personal injury, labour and employment, and human rights claims. He regularly appears in all levels of the British Columbia court system and has appeared before the British Columbia Human Rights Tribunal, the Workers’ Compensation Appeal Tribunal, the British Columbia Labour Relations Board, and the Employment Standards Branch. He also provides legal advice to sexual harassment survivors with the Sexual Harassment Advice, Response, and Prevention (SHARP) for Workplaces sponsored by the Community Legal Assistance Society (CLAS).
Dana grew up in Airdrie, Alberta, where he learned the value of a strong work ethic and teamwork while playing competitive hockey. He relocated to Victoria upon acceptance to the University of Victoria Faculty of Law and decided to make Victoria his home with his family. Outside of the law, Dana is an avid vegan cook and is often on a sunny day exploring the beautiful sights of Vancouver Island.
Telephone: (250) 360-2500 ext. 213
- Personal Injury Claims resulting in brain injuries, severe musculoskeletal injuries, chronic pain, psychological injuries, and whiplash.
- Employment claims for wrongful dismissal, constructive dismissal, human rights discrimination, sexual harassment, defamation and loss of reputation, and disciplinary proceedings.
- Commercial litigation and construction claims including breach of contract, builder’s liens, leaky condos, project administration, permits and planning, insurance claims, and environmental assessment.
- Administrative Law including judicial reviews, arbitrations, and tribunal hearings.
- Juris Doctor (Law Degree), University of Victoria, 2010
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Calgary, 2007
Memberships and Professional Affiliations
- Member of Law Society of British Columbia since 2011
- Member of Trial Lawyers Association of British Columbia since 2011
- Member of Canadian Bar Association since 2011
- Member of Victoria Bar Association since 2011
- Member of Advocates Society since 2017
- Current Member, Ambassador Committee of the Greater Victoria Chamber of Commerce
- Past Lawyer Supervisor, Access Pro Bono Student Projects
- Past Editorial Board Member, Verdict Magazine for Trial Lawyers Association of British Columbia
- Past Student Supervisor, Vancouver Island Human Rights Coalition
- Past Board Member, Vancouver Island Human Rights Coalition
- Past Executive Member, Canadian Bar Association Civil Litigation Subsection
- Past Executive Member, Trial Lawyers Association of British Columbia