A contract is a written or spoken agreement. People and businesses can have a variety of different legal disputes that involve contracts. Contracts can touch all areas of life and they are a fundamental feature of large events in our lives. Whether you are buying a home, finding or giving employment, buying or selling a business, or arranging for complex business deals that involve trade secrets, the language of a contract is one of the most important details to ensure is correct.
Contract disputes can involve simple matters such as collection of money that is owed to very complicated agreements with lenders or partners in a business partnership. What happens when the person or business you had a contract with is refusing to follow the terms of the agreement? At Hutchison Oss-Cech Marlatt, we have extensive experience in drafting contracts, interpreting contracts, and litigating contract disputes. These claims can involve allegations that the other party has:
- Breached confidentiality clauses or agreements.
- Misused confidential information.
- Breached non-competition clauses, non-solicitation clauses, or stolen clients from your business.
- Breached restrictive covenants.
- Failed to abide by the terms of a partnership, joint venture, or other arrangement.
- Failed to deliver what was purchased or failed to pay the money owed.
- Wrongfully terminated you from your employment.
- Failed to complete the purchase of your new property.
We can assist you in evaluating the scope of the claim and the best method in the legal system to enforce your rights under the contract here. We have years of experience bringing claims in the courts and administrative tribunals throughout British Columbia. Our dedicated team of legal professionals will guide you through the litigation process, discuss dispute resolution to see if it is a fit for you, and ensure you are kept informed at every step of the way. We will do our best to help you obtain the best result available to you at law.
If you are ready to discuss your case, then connect with our civil litigation lawyers today and enjoy the peace of mind that comes with having experienced professionals on your side.
Contact us for a complementary 30 minute information session.
Hutchison Oss-Cech Marlatt
505 Fisgard St, Victoria
BC V8W 1R3
H: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm