If you pass away without a will, the government will decide what happens to your assets. With our help, you can plan your personal affairs to ensure your wishes are carried out upon death or incapacitation.

We handle everything from drafting simple to complex wills, contesting wills, powers of attorney and living wills and trusts. We can also administer an estate under a will, probate estates and provide general estate planning advice.

It’s wise to know your rights and establish control of your estate while still capable of doing so. Failure to do this can result in a conflict among your heirs.

If a family member has passed without a will, it is also wise to investigate your rights. We can fight for your access to assets of a person who died intestate (without a will).

Were you overlooked? Is there something specific that you think you should have been entitled to? Was someone else unreasonably enriched? In some cases the law entitles you to question a bequest, or indeed a complete will.

We can help you:

  • Plan for tax minimization and tax deferral on death
  • Succession plan for family businesses and investment holdings
  • Establish and manage trusts
  • Appoint incapacity representatives
  • Plan for disabled beneficiaries
  • Establish private charitable foundations
  • Liquidate and consolidate estate assets
  • Prepare and review trust and estate accounts
  • Advise trustees, executors and beneficiaries
  • Interpret trusts and wills
  • Address mental capacity disputes